Translators must be strict with themselves in their work in order to set up a good image. Many people are not clear about the basic translation skills of translation, so let Beijing translation company give you a detailed introduction today!
There is no semantic deviation between the original translation and the translation. However, due to the differences in language and expression habits between Chinese and English, it is necessary to deal with the translation in the actual translation process in order to better conform to the expression habits of the target language.
1、 Added translation subject
Because of the English expression habit, some abstract nouns are often used as the subject, while the Chinese expression habit needs to change the abstract into concrete; English often uses prepositions to avoid repetition, while Chinese is not afraid of repetition, and a word can be used several times; when the plural nouns in English are translated into Chinese, these, various, various, etc. are often added, depending on the specific context 。
2、 Add predicate
When two or more same predicates appear in English, they are often omitted to make the sentence less redundant. While in Chinese, it is necessary to translate it to make its expression more authentic; when translating prepositional phrases into Chinese, it is often necessary to add translation verbs; when translating some nouns into Chinese, it is necessary to add corresponding verbs to make their meaning more complete and express more clearly.
3、 Adverbial of time
1. Adverbials of time can often be translated directly, usually before the main sentence.
2. Some time adverbial clause leading words not only express time, but also attach conditionality, so we need to translate conditionality.
4、 Causative adverbial
1. The adverbial position in English is more flexible, which can be placed before or after the main sentence, while Chinese expression often follows the order of "cause and effect", so we should also pay attention to adjusting the word order in translation.
2. However, the above situation is not absolute. The reason adverbial can also be placed after the subject sentence, which also corresponds to the structure "why Because ".
5、 Objective adverbial
1. Generally speaking, the target adverbial is translated before the main sentence, and the main sentence explaining the situation is put after.
2. Objective adverbials can also be translated at the end of the main sentence to indicate avoidance, avoidance, causation, fear and so on.
6、 Active sentences translated into Chinese
1. The subject of the general passive sentence is the inanimate subject, which is often translated into Chinese.
2. Subject object reversed position
In general English, when by is added before the action subject or is composed of prepositional phrases, then the action subject word or noun in the prepositional phrase after by should act as the subject in the translation, and the object is the subject in the original text.
3. Add subject
When translating some passive sentences into active ones, we should add some subjects, such as us, people, everyone and so on.
7、 Translating into Chinese sentences without subject
There are many Chinese sentences without subject, which is also related to our thinking mode, speaking habits and other factors. In many cases, we don't need to speak the subject when chatting with people in the same background, but most of the time, the other party can understand what you mean.
8、 Translation into passive sentences
It is not necessarily that all passive sentences in English are translated into active sentences in Chinese. When some passive sentences emphasize the passive meaning and the passive actions are highlighted, they should still be translated into passive sentences. In Chinese, we should use these languages to express passive meaning, such as be, receive, be, give, give, by, hold, get, receive, give, get, for By Come on, "wait.
For technical translation, just like learning a bicycle, it always has to experience the moment of stumbling and bumping. At last, I unconsciously learned it. Translation is also the same. Do more translation to summarize vocabulary, master necessary problem-solving skills, and think about it repeatedly. Of course, for specific analysis, translation can't have a fixed and perfect standard answer, all of which are taught to you The translation steps are as follows:
1. Read through the whole sentence, determine the main line and divide the meaning group.
2. Choose meaning, adjust word order and process properly.
The above is to share basic translation skills for you, hope to help you!